Invoice Description Formatting Cleanup

I feel like the invoice description formatting needs a tune-up. Everything is jumbled together and making an invoice from a number of tickets puts the ticket subject at the BOTTOM of the description and just merges it in with the last line. Its almost every, single, invoice I need to hand cleanup so that the invoice looks presentable and is easy to read/follow by the customer. It would also be nice for the list of pending ticket charges on the invoice screen were sortable by ticket OR date. Here is what I mean:

If I generate an invoice from a series of ticket entries, they come out like this:

Ticket Work: Bob Smith Monday 07-11-22 03:30PM-5:30PM Deliver and installed Mary’s new computer
   Setup user account
   Tested printer connection
   Installed and tested check scanner

I feel It should look like this:

Ticket Work: Bob Smith
   Monday 07-11-22 03:30PM-5:30PM

Deliver and installed Mary’s new computer
   Setup user account

Then it gets worse. Lets say you don’t roll a single ticket into an invoice and rather take a bunch of ticket entries and add them to an invoice.
They look like this:
   Ticket Work: Bob Smith Monday 07-11-22 03:30PM-5:30PM Deliver and installed Mary’s new computer
   Setup user account
   Installed and tested check scanner from Ticket #1234, Subject Mary’s Replacement Computer

I feel It should look like this:(with Ticket # at the top separate line)

Ticket #1234, Subject: Mary’s Replacement Computer
   Ticket Work: Bob Smith
   Monday 07-11-22 03:30PM-5:30PM

Deliver and installed Mary’s new computer
   Setup user account

Maybe my formatting is not the right way, but if the Invoice template had a little more functionality with a few more variables as options - people could adjust these the way they see fit.

1 Like