Incorrect Tax/VAT handling from Pax8 - Fix / Suggestions

We use Syncro and Pax8 here in the UK, where we have 20% VAT tax.

I have noticed that the “Price” that is synced from Pax8 is a Net price (ie no tax) which is correct and as I would expect. Tax is always added afterwards on invoices, at least that’s how it works in the UK!

However, Syncro interprets this “Price” as Gross (ie with tax already added). This is backward in my opinion as tax should be added after.

The result of this is that each line item on the Syncro invoices to my customers is 20% less than it should be. Not the best way to run a business and has cost us quite a lot of billing before I noticed!

I have spoken to Pax8 and they are aware of the issue and have a messy workaround to fix this by inflating the costs in Pax8 before syncing to Syncro. Pax8 say they have notified Syncro of the issue, but have not had a fix or any indication of when a fix is likely.

Please, Syncro Developers, fix these issues :pray:

This must be affecting all UK MSPs that use Syncro and Pax8!

Hey Ben,

Is this still an issue? I was about to setup syncing from Pax8 when I saw this!

Hi Jack

Yes, still an issue I am afraid. Synco insists it’s a Pax8 issue and vice-versa. I don’t see it getting resolved any time soon.
I imagine it doesn’t affect US customers only UK customers. So perhaps not a bit of priority for Syncro or Pax8!
There are usable workaround with price overrides or manual editing before syncing but it is far from ideal.

Good luck, and let me know if you find a better solution.
Ben

Thanks, @ben2 do you know if including the VAT on the Pax8 side workaround still works, what a nightmare, especially with NCE!

Yes, that’s how I do it currently. As I process the sync to Synco I just add 20% on.

The alternatives are to use Pax8 Rate Plans to override the cost, but the rate plans need to be set up before any subscriptions are live.
Or, you can create cost overrides for the products in Synco.

I have tried all these options and the first works better IMO but does require more manual work.

Put some pressure on your Pax8 and SyncoMSP account managers if you can. Hopefully, we can get either Syncro or Pax8 to sort this out properly.

Cheers
Ben

Completed UK partners. Read more here

1 Like