Syncro System Status:

How to NOT send SMS when making new Ticket

Haven’t been able to figure this one out, without disabling sms entirely… Please help! TIA

You can disable certain SMS messages by clearing the template.

Head over to ‘Admin > PDF/Email Templates/SMS Templates’

There will be a message confirming the message is disabled after the default template text is deleted.

ooooooo wow, ok ok. I haven’t delved into this section yet! haha. This made me think of follow up to this one: can you advise a way to have a maybe 2 template option, so if we’re making a standard repair ticket where we’d like a nice auto text / email, we could use that one? And then if support ticket that’s more logging than alerting customer, it wouldn’t send text?

My thought is if I make a ticket for a client with an employee, I don’t to text alert the owner of the account necessarily. For email, I just changed the default to No email, but in the creating ticket UI there’s a check box if I’d like to send email for that instance. Perhaps there should be a SMS check box too yea?

Thank you for your help!

Shoot, now I’m trying to figure out how to have it on for some tickets, so the daily walkin tech doesn’t have to do an extra step everytime, but then when backend tech makes ticket that doesn’t need sms alert, we could select a different ticket template or something, and that wouldn’t send the initial issue message perhaps. Any ideas there?

There isn’t a way to automatically send out because there isn’t a setting to disable SMS based on the tech that is working the ticket.

As a workaround, you can save some steps for the tech that needs to send SMS by using Canned Responses on the ticket:

You want to save the canned response and the tech will be able to send it out with a couple of clicks. Canned responses also support ticket template tags. Those tags can be viewed by going to the edit page for your ticket template.

Right right… Looking into it further yesterday, I think we should start a feature request to mirror the SMS template options to the email ones… I think if there were options for different SMS templates for different tickets, may be able to setup things where there is a walkin ticket template and a internal ticket template. And the walkin is set to auto SMS the ticket info, and internal not to sms. may be able to set it to have email or not too? I was hoping to stay awa from having the checkin person have to do the additional step of manually sending sms with canned reponse… But, looking like only way currently?
Kind of strange this hasn’t come up yet really haha. But personally I just started doing more business type stuff where I don’t want the client alerted with email or text when making new ticket, because it’s not important yet, or it’s just for logging work done, but is under a plan where they’re not paying for that work that was just done… That make sense?