Entire email thread being added to the ticket

Hi,

I’m having a bit of an issue where when a user replies to a ticket, Syncro adds the entire email thread as a ticket entry, and not just the user reply. Syncro support are suggesting that this is normal behaviour which I highly doubt as it’s just so messy.

Usually you see some sort of reply above this line comment so ticket systems can remove all of the unnecessary / duplicated content… I have added a screenshot below of the issue so you can see.

Does anyone have any ideas how to work around it?

It looks like maybe your delimiter text is missing. Look in your sent items and see if you can see it there ath the very top. It is very hard to see, it blends in very well.

Go to Email/PDF Templates, Advanced, and edit the HTML Email Wrapper. I have pasted mine below, which is default, but you can see the delimiter text included in it near the top.

<style>
    body {
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: none;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        width: 100%;
        color:#393c3d;
    }
</style>
<body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" offset="0" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;margin: 0;padding: 0;width: 100%;">
<center>

<table class="backgroundTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin: 0;padding: 0;background-color: #ffffff;height: 100%;width: 100%;"><!-- // Content Table Starts Here  -->
        <tr>
            <td align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#f8f8f8"><!-- // PageTop Wrapper Begin -- Insert Image Here  -->
                <span style="color: #E8E8E8; font-size: 10px;">----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----</span><br><br>

<div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            &nbsp;
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <div style="font-size:10px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <!-- // PageTop Wrapper Ends -- Insert Image Here  -->

<!-- // Content Wrapper Begin -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" class="tableWrapper" style="width: 622px;">
                    <tr>
                        <td align="center" bgcolor="#dbdbdb"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" bgcolor="#fefefe"><table width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td align="center" valign="top" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="medheight" style="line-height: 30px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="innerTable2" style="width: 540px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td align="left" valign="top" class="innertable">
                                                        <span class="body" style="color: #393c3d;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 16px;line-height: 24px;">
                                                            <p style='text-align: center;'>{{location_logo_100}}</p>
                                                            <p>&nbsp;</p>

{{email_body}}

</span></td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

</td>
                                    </tr>
                                </table>

<tr>
                                            <td class="smallheight" style="line-height: 10px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        {{gray_social_links}}
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="innertable">
                                        <!-- // Footer Starts Here  -->
                                        <tr>
                                            <td align="center" valign="top" class="footer" style="color: #959595;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 13px;line-height: 16px;">
                                                Sent with care from {{account_name}}<br>
                                                <br>
                                                {{account_address}}
                                        </tr>
                                        <!-- // Footer Ends Here  -->
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table></td>
                            </tr>
                        </table></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <!-- // Content Wrapper End -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div></td>
        </tr>
        <!-- // Content Table Ends Here  --></table>

</center><br>

</body>

Hi Jimmie,

We were missing that from our advanced HTML, thank you so much I wouldn’t have spotted it!

Do you have any idea how we can go a step further and now remove the email header part as that still falls above the ----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE ----- - I would only like to have the reply itself if at all possible? see screenshot below.

Thank you again, it’s a shame Syncro support didn’t take the time to check for that…

syncro2

I don’t believe there is a way to remove this info, I think that’s how the entire email system works throughout the world. As soon as they hit reply, their info goes above the delimiter text, including this part. Syncro would have to be smarter, able to recognize this and strip it out. I haven’t seen a system do that.

When we were with CWM, I fought customers who would literally reply right above that line instead of at the top of the email. Their response got stripped out. Not knowing what the text did, I removed it, then started getting full replies in responses, which really started junking up the system. Took me a bit, but remembered I removed this, put it back in and fixed the problem. Without that experience, I probably wouldn’t have known how to help lol.

And BTW, after I removed the text in CWM, I couldn’t figure out the replies, I thought it was an update. I opened a support ticket, and they couldn’t figure it out either. It’s not a common thing you think about, and most people probably won’t use the advanced editor.