Easier to Access Community

I honestly don’t want to be one to complain, but I have noticed my participation in the conversations seriously dwindle since the conversations moved from FB to this community. I think it’s mainly due to how easy it was to click 2 things on my phone and I was scrolling messages in the FB Syncro Community page. It was very easy to catch up in the spare 2-3 minutes I have between appointments and calls. Now since it’s tied to my Syncro login (which I think is a security concern, it should be separate) I have to log in on my phone and also complete MFA to be able to browse the new community. So essentially this only enables me to interact with the community when I’m on a computer. @Andy Is there any plans to make the Syncro community easier to log in to, and more importantly to have the login persist for much longer than a normal SyncroMSP session(like weeks or months)? And maybe something that’s easy to scroll through on a mobile device? The other difference between FB and this new forum is that you can only see the subject and not the full message or even a short teaser of the message. For me, I find that I’m not clicking into half of the topics because they don’t sound interesting. However on FB when I saw the full message I would still skim over it and sometimes I would learn from a post I originally had no interest it.

No, it should basically be one click from your Syncro instance, but you are correct, you need to be logged into it. There are no plans to change that.

There is an actual Discourse app you can try and see if that works better than the web UI for you. In terms of seeing a quick feed, you should be able to set your default feed to show only new stuff, unread stuff, or most recent posts, etc. It’s completely customizable. You can also customize the notifications to the Nth degree if you want to just follow new stuff via email or something.

1 Like

I think that this app is actually better than FB’s experience. It actually keeps track of what posts you’ve seen and not seen.

1 Like

+1 for the App and it works well. I don’t have to wade through a bunch of non-sense to see new and unread post and the order they are in makes actual human sense instead of w/e algorithms FB uses.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s quite good. I have to be honest I am not really a big fan of change myself, but after spending a little time learning this forum it’s just so much better of an experience than Facebook for these types of discussions. Particularly if you are researching particular topics.

Lol I can’t tell you how often I would read something, try to go back and find it and I literally couldn’t and wound up scrolling through dozens and dozens of posts looking for it. I will never understand how FB sorts things, but it drove me mad.

1 Like

I can now finally get rid of Facebook

Thank you so much for the discourse app. I think this will make it way easier to engage in the community (and keep me off facebook :smile: )

2 Likes