Disable Display-Alert and Broadcast-Message Warning

I want to preface this by saying I know the current behavior is in place to prevent issues. I know Display-Alert and Broadcast-Message have to run as the user. I’m suggesting that the check be either disabled OR it allow a script to be saved/ran, but displays a warning. Right now, this is what you get: https://i.imgur.com/FdRBDiD.png

We can overcome this using CyberDrain’s RunAsUser module (Automating with PowerShell: Impersonating users while running as SYSTEM – CyberDrain). This would give us the ability to run a script as SYSTEM but still alert end users if needed.

I don’t know if this always gave the warning or not, I did test the RunAsUser module and couldn’t get it to work with Syncro’s module. I’m not the strongest scripter, so I could have flubbed something up.

As far as I know, it’s always showed that alert and prevented you from saving the script (at least since ~May when we onboarded from RS).

I’ll play with this (Monitoring with PowerShell: Notifying users of Windows Updates – CyberDrain) a little and see if I can get that working with RunAsUser in Syncro and report back. I just figured using the built-in cmdlets would save an extra step. But that Toast notification looks pretty cool