Customer Communication Regarding Scheduled Maintenance

Hi all. I’m a fairly new Syncro user, and I’m looking for some thoughts or ideas on the best way to communicate with customers when their computers and such will be undergoing maintenance.

We already have the Windows Update policy set to tell customers when their Windows computers are about to undergo maintenance.

What I’m looking for is an email or something else that can also be generated a day or two before the maintenance window, and the morning of, that would be sent to all users in the Policy. Windows, Mac and server admin users alike.

Thoughts? Right now, we’re using Mail Chimp, but it’s not as intuitive, and means currently that I have to maintain the list separately there.

If Mail Chimp is the best way to do something like this currently, perhaps there’s a way to set up the integration between Mail Chimp and Syncro so that the contact lists are in sync. Hmm.

We use a broadcast message every Friday at noon.

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
Broadcast-Message -Title "**MAINTENANCE**" -Message "Maintenance is performed after hours and on the weekends. Please leave your computer on as much as possible and close open documents at the end of the day. System will reboot every Sunday to complete the weekly maintenance."
2 Likes

@jimmie I’d have to imagine that a broadcast message probably gets more attention than an email. Probably not a bad idea.

Knock on wood, but I can’t remember the last time we had any complaints about unsaved work, but people still turn off their system over the weekend.