Customer API - opt_out

The Get /customers API returns a field called opt_out which looks to be a boolean
Where is this field set in the Syncro WebUI ?

I believe it’s the No Email Of Any Kind field.

1 Like

Thanks @Andy
There is a field returned by the API called no_email, and I’ve confirmed that no_email is linked to this field.

The opt_out field must be for a different purpose.
Is it possible to please ask the developers what the opt_out field is linked to in the WebUI ?

Oh then I don’t know what that one is for offhand, I’d send a note into support and inquire there.

1 Like

Did support get back to you @Andy ?

Sorry, I meant I’d recommend you submitting a ticket and reaching out to support.

Oh, okay. I will lodge a support ticket.
I will report back to the forum.

Does support read these forums?

Yes, but a ticket is typically going to be faster.

I see what you mean…
given its been 6 weeks since I first posted the question about the opt_out field.

Were you able to submit a ticket?

Yes the ticket number 00160844
I marked it as a low priority as it isn’t urgent, and isn’t stopping any work to get done.
Merely a nice to know, and it bothers me when such things in the API are not documented.

There was no answer to this post either. I don’t understand why.
Customer API - Location - Customer Management / Customers & Contacts - Syncro Support Community (syncromsp.com)
I guess I’ll have to log a support ticket for this as well.

This is a good example of the need to better document and improve the API.

Improvement can come later, and no doubt would require a lot of resources.

At the moment I’d be happy if Syncro could actually document what the current state of the API is.
I’m now finding fields returned by the API, that are not in the documentation at all.
I’ve only looked closely at the /customer API. I wonder what the rest of it is like.

Tasking someone in Syncro to bring the documentation up to date shouldn’t require a large commitment of resources.
I hope no one in Syncro considers it an unreasonible expectation to have the API documentation an accurate reflection of what the API currently does.