Custom Customer Search

I create a custom customer search for the customer custom text field “Trip distance” IS blank. What should I enter for a blank trip distance or none entered? I have tried spaces, <, quotes without a space, null, etc., and I get no results, and there should be.

I might just be dense but I don’t understand what you mean, can you tell us a little bit more about what you are trying to do and how you were wanting to use the search?

I think I know what he’s saying. Basically go to the main Customer tab. Create a search, select custom field. Let’s say you make the field he’s talking about. Trip Distance. When you try and create custom search for it, it doesn’t let you just say “Trip Distance” is “blank”. You can choose not to type anything in the field, but then it’s not actually working. For example, make the the field, pick a customer or 2 and enter something into that field. Go make the search and select Trip Distance is (don’t enter anything). It pulls ALL customer regardless if that field is filled out or not.

My guess is he has several customers this is filled out for already, and wants them to not show up so he can only adjust the ones that are actually needed still.

Yes, that’s exactly what I need to do – search only for commercial clients whose trip distance has not been entered. Looks like that can’t be done.

~WRD0000.jpg

This is my reply just sent to Mark Giordana….

Yes, that’s exactly what I need to do – search only for commercial clients whose trip distance has not been entered. Looks like that can’t be done.

Mark’s response…

I think I know what he’s saying. Basically go to the main Customer tab. Create a search, select custom field. Let’s say you make the field he’s talking about. Trip Distance. When you try and create custom search for it, it doesn’t let you just say “Trip Distance” is “blank”. You can choose not to type anything in the field, but then it’s not actually working. For example, make the the field, pick a customer or 2 and enter something into that field. Go make the search and select Trip Distance is (don’t enter anything). It pulls ALL customer regardless if that field is filled out or not.

My guess is he has several customers this is filled out for already, and wants them to not show up so he can only adjust the ones that are actually needed still.

~WRD0000.jpg

I see. This isn’t ideal, but you could create a CSV of all of your Customer Data (Customer Export in Reports) and find what are you looking for. The tough thing is that all of the Custom Field all end up in one cell, so you’d need to do some work in Excel.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 161211

I definitely need this too. My use case is we have a custom field on customers called “email to market to” which is the email address we should send our marketing materials too. Sometimes we forget to a put an email address in that field and I would like to search for this. @chuck.morgan have you submitted a feature request? I am going to submit one now.