Create Purchase order from Estimate

My workflow is to create an estimate and then once approved create a Purchase Order.
it would be great to create an Purchase order based on an Estimate with one button click.
Another thought is to be able to filter the items that go the PO by category.
For example: I sell hardware and cloud services, so in my hardware category all those items go to a specific PO. And the cloud may not get a Po or I can send those to a separate PO with a separate action.

You can add the estimate items to the ticket charges and then anything not in stock will be listed as pending. When creating a PO you can add all pending items to the PO automatically. It’s a little longer than just one click but better than adding the items manually

I’m not sure there’s a way to create this that wouldn’t make the workflow as long or longer. What happens if you have an item that comes from multiple suppliers? When you create the PO from an estimate, you’d still need an intermediate step to assign a vendor to each line item.

I also use this workflow, but I use the method provided by @joel to accomplish it.

When you create the items you can assign SKU’s to vendors or just add the vendor from the drop down list. Then when creating the PO it assigns the SKU for the vendor that the PO is for. I understand that may be a bit of work to apply retrospectively though…

This still creates problems. Many vendors use the same SKU. Having multiple vendors for a single SKU would still require an additional step.

Now, I use a separate quoting system for creating and sending proposals to my customers. It handles live pricing from all of my vendors. That system actually has you choose a default supplier for each part ahead of time. Then, from an estimate, you can edit any line item and choose any alternate supplier that offers that part. Producing POs from that system is flawless because the vendors have been chosen ahead of time. I would love to see this in Syncro. The framework is already in place. You can list multiple SKUs already, and you can already set a default supplier when creating an item. (Next to the warranty drop down.)