Chain Emails Into Conversations For Recipients

It’s great that we now have rich-text in ticketing, but it just makes it even more obvious that emails are not behaving as they should for the recipient. Instead of emails linking together in a conversation chain as all modern email clients support, each email shows up as an individual entity, with no history in it, no chain or way of knowing what the rest of the conversation has been. This makes it very frustrating for clients who constantly get single isolated emails coming through.

Customer can see the whole thread for us no problem. You probably need to check your ticket template settings to make sure it’s setup to include the comments. That wasn’t on for us by default. I forget where exactly that setting is, but I bet support can tell you or someone else on here.

Just copying this from my other reply to you:

Ah, I think you are maybe talking about having {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}} in the email template, right? When I add this it does indeed show the ticket history, I guess that’s something of a workaround but it’s still not great that the emails don’t thread themselves in the client’s inbox. Thank you for that advice though.

Having tested that workaround, it definitely doesn’t work!

Yes it shows the history of the ticket in each email, but that history is then visible in every single reply from the customer and gets bigger every time, so the information is quickly duplicated again and again and again in the ticket view! So that’s definitely not a viable workaround, it would only take a handful of back and forth emails before the ticket view is completely unreadable and clogged up with repeated ticket histories on every single customer reply. Either software changes need to be made on the Syncro side so that it recognises the ticket history and doesn’t include it in the ticket view, or it needs to send proper threaded emails like every other system does.

I switched my reply to here since we were off topic.

When you go to email templates, click on Advanced (caution). I didn’t understand what the “----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----” actually did, so in CWM, I removed it because I kept having people reply exactly above that line, which was below our info and it kept truncating it. Then after that, each reply was in full and each ticket grew exponentially. So if you are not seeing it truncate the thread on customer replies when using {{ticket_public_comments_for_email}}, something is up with your delimiter text. I’ve seen people try and change the color of theirs and it stopped truncating.
I know I butchered this, but the yellow is customer reply, red is my reply and we are using the public comments for email. As you can see, it is truncated and doesn’t show the whole thread in the reply.

Default Email Wrapper:

<style>
    body {
        -webkit-text-size-adjust: none;
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        width: 100%;
        color:#393c3d;
    }
</style>
<body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0" offset="0" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;margin: 0;padding: 0;width: 100%;">
<center>

<table class="backgroundTable" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="margin: 0;padding: 0;background-color: #ffffff;height: 100%;width: 100%;"><!-- // Content Table Starts Here  -->
        <tr>
            <td align="center" valign="top" bgcolor="#f8f8f8"><!-- // PageTop Wrapper Begin -- Insert Image Here  -->
                <span style="color: #E8E8E8; font-size: 10px;">----- REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE -----</span><br><br>

<div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            &nbsp;
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <div style="font-size:10px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <!-- // PageTop Wrapper Ends -- Insert Image Here  -->

<!-- // Content Wrapper Begin -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" class="tableWrapper" style="width: 622px;">
                    <tr>
                        <td align="center" bgcolor="#dbdbdb"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                            <tr>
                                <td align="center" bgcolor="#fefefe"><table width="90%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td align="center" valign="top" class="fullTable" style="width: 620px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td class="medheight" style="line-height: 30px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="innerTable2" style="width: 540px;">
                                                <tr>
                                                    <td align="left" valign="top" class="innertable">
                                                        <span class="body" style="color: #393c3d;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 16px;line-height: 24px;">
                                                            <p style='text-align: center;'>{{location_logo_100}}</p>
                                                            <p>&nbsp;</p>

{{email_body}}

</span></td>
                                                </tr>
                                            </table>

</td>
                                    </tr>
                                </table>

<tr>
                                            <td class="smallheight" style="line-height: 10px;">&nbsp;</td>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        {{gray_social_links}}
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table>
                                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="innertable">
                                        <!-- // Footer Starts Here  -->
                                        <tr>
                                            <td align="center" valign="top" class="footer" style="color: #959595;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 13px;line-height: 16px;">
                                                Sent with care from {{account_name}}<br>
                                                <br>
                                                {{account_address}}
                                        </tr>
                                        <!-- // Footer Ends Here  -->
                                    </table>
                                        <tr>
                                        </tr>
                                    </table></td>
                            </tr>
                        </table></td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
                <!-- // Content Wrapper End -- Change Background Color Here  -->
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div>
                <div style="font-size:15px;">&nbsp;</div></td>
        </tr>
        <!-- // Content Table Ends Here  --></table>

</center><br>

</body>

I’ve never made any changes to the HTML email wrapper, that’s still all the default code. Are you saying that when you email someone through Syncro, there is a line in the email that they receive saying REPLY ABOVE THIS LINE TO SEND A RESPONSE? None of mine ever have that so now I’m really confused.

Below is what an email looks like to my client when I send it through Syncro, should it have some line and text at the top that I’m missing for some reason?

This is how our sent emails show. (I need to remove the Update Subject, I think it’s useless)

Hmm so even though the HTML was all the same, I replaced it all with the default HTML again, and it seems to be doing…something. Still not right though, as it truncates but leave a massive gap in each reply…

Maybe start over in a fresh ticket and test? Beyond that, maybe support can assist. I haven’t had this happen before or after rich text.

Yeah it’s happening in every ticket. I’ll get on to support, thanks for your help.