Bulk Ticket Creation

Is there a way to select a group of customers and create a ticket for them in one go?

Example scenario

New Sage upgrade is released. I’m going to task someone with contacting the customer and doing the upgrade but that could be 20 customers. The first part of it is going to be the same so instead of creating the same ticket each times it’d be a huge timesaver to do the initial part in one go

not that directly, in the case of a software update your best bet is a script that validates all the system parameters and opens a ticket under the client against the asset that needs the upgrade.

I’m sure you could also use the api but there would be some benefits to using a script that can validate version etc on an endpoint and open the ticket with all the info and the correct attached assets

Thanks. I’m talking about any piece of work I need to do for multiple customers

I’m only using the software update as an example so it’s not really the sort of things could be used for scripting

Firmware updates for firewalls
Config changes for VOIP systems.
Firewall rules updates when spam filters change IPs

Yeah, unfortunately there is no native way so you have to do it manually or use a script, or use the API to generate your tickets.

@andy1 Did you ever find any fluid way to do this? I have similar tickets I create on a regular basis. It seems archaic that I have notepad documents all over my desktop that I copy and paste into Syncro 30 times for 30 clients.

Kind of. At the moment I’ve got a script that i run against a group of PC/Laptop/Servers to create the initial tickets.

If the work is for something i can’t run a script against (a firewall for example) we have to then remove the PC and swap it out for the actual asset while we update the the ticket for each one (as I can’t bulk update them anyway)

It saves us the time for creating the initial tickets but it’s still not ideal

I did have a conversation with Andy C on the Facebook group who said a bulk ticket suggestion I’d made was a good idea. If it’ll ever become a feature though I don’t know

Is that anything youd be comfortable sharing? Id be interested in tweaking it to my needs. One of my tickets I do on a monthly basis has 2 variables in the words I paste in. Windows Server XXXX and MACHINENAME

Sure. It’s not too clever. I literally knocked it up in five minutes as i couldn’t bear the thought of creating 30 tickets for a job I was doing.

It’s got two runtime variables for a subject and a body and that’s it. I select a group of assets, run the script and I get a bunch of tickets

Import-Module $env:SyncroModule
$Ticket = Create-Syncro-Ticket -Subject $TicketSubject -IssueType "Other" -Status "New" 
write-host $ticket.ticket.id
Create-Syncro-Ticket-Comment -TicketIdOrNumber $ticket.ticket.id -Subject "Initial Issue" -Body $TicketBody -DoNotEmail "true" -Hidden "false" 

Awesome, thank you for that! This notion of bulk ticket creation would be a good addition to the feature requests forum I think if you havent already.

1 Like

Thanks. I made a feature request post a while back

1 Like

I played around with your script yesterday, it works great! The one drawback for me is it creates one ticket for each asset, which is probably what you were looking for. I ended up posting in another thread and found an ok work around for my situation, for now. Fingers crossed for flexible bulk ticket creation in the future.

https://community.syncromsp.com/t/multiple-asset-names-into-a-single-new-ticket-creation-script/7917/1