Bill in advance for upcoming recurring service periods (In Advance + Net Due)

We’ve been on Syncro for a year now. We love it except we could not migrate our Billing to Syncro due to the inability to bill ahead for recurring services.

• We invoice customers for recurring service fees monthly.
  • The invoices are due at the beginning of the service period. So charges for the August service period is due on August 1st.
  • Our customers want 30-days to pay the invoice after they receive it.
  • Our current billing system generates the invoice for the August service period on July 1 and emails automatically.

When we were migrating to Syncro, we were told this could not be done with syncro. I am curious, with the recent updates, if our need can be accomplished.

If not I would like to submit this as a feature request.

I think this feature can be accomplished by few different ways:

• Adding a new Period Mode: In Advance + Net Due. So the invoice will be generated for the service period starting with next day + number of the days set in ‘net due’ terms.

-or-

• Add a new Tag {{billing_period_range+net_due}} that can be used on the line item which should add the date range that starts with invoice date + net due days set in payment terms.

So in my case when creating a monthly recurring invoice, if the payment term is ‘net due’ is 15 days;, and the period type is ‘In Advance’ the data range in the line items should show a date range of 16 to 45 days from the date of the invoice. It will also be beneficial if this tag can be used in the Invoice Name field as well.

• Another option is to allow using an arbitrary number of the days along with the tag such as {{{billing_period_range}}+{{15}}
1 Like