Better NOTES section for ASSETS

We take detailed notes on many assets, like servers and routers. Current NOTES area is too small and not readable at a glance because all the text is squished together. Even when you expand the view, if a line is too long, you have to right-arrow on that line to read the rest of it.

Quick Fix - make the notes area more usable for editing
Better Fix - HTML editing (once it is refined for tickets)

Thank you.

For that much stuff you might want to consider using documentation.

I looked at that, documentation has a great editor, but its somewhere else to go to look up the details. It’s better to put as much as we can in a single pane of glass so as to glance at it on teh asset screen for the 411 and not have to open yet another screen and bounce back and forth. A little lipstick, chrome and some polish on that notes section would make it perfect. And HTML editor everywhere for notes. I know its coming… never fast enough eh?

Well that or you could also try adding a custom asset called “WAN” or something and make custom fields to contain a lot of that info as well. Eventually, it would be cool to beef up notes though for sure.

A customizable site profiles section would be cool with 20 or so categories and 50 -100 fields predefined fields to get started would be helpful. Miniature version of IT Glue.

NETWORKING
Router / Firewall
Ip Range: 10.1.10.1 - 255
Notes:

RESERVATIONS:
Reserved Ip: 10.1.10.1 - route
Reserved Ip: 10.1.10.10 - Server1
Dvr / Nvr Ip: 10.1.10.20
Notes:

Port Forwards
85, 8000, 550 - Nvr / DVR
4433 - firewall
443 - Web app server
Notes:

SERVERS
Name: RACDC1
IP Address: 10.1.10.10
Roles: AD, printers
Notes:

Name: RACAPPS1
IP Address: 10.1.10.50
Roles: Apps / Web server
Notes:

PRINTERS / MULTIFUNCTION
Kyocera c300
Ip Address: 10.1.10.50
Notes:

DVR/NVR
Model:
Notes:

PHONE SYSTEM
Vendor:
Notes:

Could I come up with something with tools provided? Probably. Do I have time? No.

Well you could just make a custom asset called site with all the custom fields you wanted and then you could fill that out as needed also, so it’s always one click away off the customer record.