'Attach Screenshot' Agent Contact Form Is Misleading & Unhelpful

Hey, when submitting a ticket request through the agent contact form, there is an ‘Attach screenshot’ button. My first assumption (and everyone else’s first assumption based on the way it is incorrectly used by every single one of my clients) would be that by clicking that box you will be prompted to attach a screenshot. This is the way the feature should work.

Instead, by clicking that box, it will automatically take a screenshot of the entire screen when you click ‘Create Ticket’. It’s unlikely that this will contain or will highlight the specific fault, especially as this is not explained to the client. As far as they are concerned, they tick that box, click ‘Create Ticket’ and it’s as if the form didn’t work correctly because it didn’t give them the option to attach the screenshot (several clients have specifically stated this).

This should be changed so that it operates like any other attachment button on a form, it should allow you to select the file that you would like to attach.

At the very least I would like the option to completely remove this ‘Attach screenshot’ button from my contact form as it is misleading, unhelpful, and does not provide the expected outcome.

1 Like

I agree this option is confusing and I had made a request over a year ago that this should be changed. You may want to update your subject, “Attach Ticket” should be “Attach Screenshot”.

At the very least, one would think that when you click attach screenshot, it takes the screenshot then, not at the time you hit the button to open the ticket and there would be a confirmation that it took one. This form needs a few improvements, like the ability to add any attachment, add more fields, etc.

Ah good point, although it doesn’t look like there is a way to edit the Subject