Agents show offline when not

I just got a couple server offline alerts, they show offline in the dashboard, yet I can splashtop into them. Imagine how silly I felt the first time when I called an on-site tech and said - Hey all VMs went offline, you rebooting something?

5 Likes

We’re seeing this as well, across multiple sites, and not all servers at the sites.

Nothing in the app logs to show the service crashing/restarting at all & the alerts clear themselves up normally within around 10 minutes or so.

EDIT: Looks like on some of the servers (but not all) they have reported the service crashing, with the below erorr

Application: Syncro.Service.exe
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.FormatException
2 Likes

Same here, offline alerts spanning many customers over many geographical regions. Our threshold is set to alert at 15 minutes of a server being down and they usually auto-clear right away. The server never actually went down nor did it experience any network interruptions. Something is going on in Syncroland.

I’ve had a ticket open about this for a couple of months now. It’s very sporadic and at one point, it was doing it quite often to me, then it went away. I haven’t really seen it much lately, but they told me it was a web UI glitch. I wasn’t actually getting offline alerts being generated though, mine were just appearing offline in the web interface, but never really were.

1 Like

I’m getting SMS alerts.

I have several clients with workstations that are showing offline but I can still connect via Splashtop but NOT VIA Syncro Remote Tool. This is a real pain.Please advise

We’ve also seen this, sometimes a reboot solves the issue. Sometime I can go into the background tools and restart the Syncro service and it will work. I have had to uninstall and reinstall a few times as well to resolve this issue.

Anyone else happen to have a resolution for this? I’ve got one agent that’s stuck as showing offline. Have tried rebooting, restarting the services, and reinstalled the agent. Still showing as offline, but I can still run backgrounding tools, see status, etc. All services running

1 Like

same here I opened a ticket but nothing yet.

My case was an issue with tls 1.2. I had certain algorithms disabled and had to enable them for it to work. I can find details when I’m back at my desk