Ability To send invoices and statement emails from Second Different Address vs. Tickets

Is there anyway to set an email address (e.g. accounting@mydomain.com) to send invoices and statements, while keeping a separate email for appointments and ticketing e.g. (support@mydomain.com)?

20 Likes

Marketing emails also need to have to ability to come from a different email or SMTP server.

4 Likes

Right now we only support one outgoing email address. I’m going to shift this conversation over to the Feature Request channel in case others have the same request.

3 Likes

Frank, Or TechSavvyNJ…
Now that it has been moved to feature request,
Please rename subject to something like:
“Ability To send invoices and statement emails from Second Different Address vs. Tickets”…
I’m 100% sure it will garner a ton of support if it’s clear.
As it is, it’s not clear.
I was just about to post this… and we don’t want multiple posts, do we?
This was my first real problem with Syncro, and I’m sure we can’t be alone…

As companies grow, The Support Team, and the Accounting Teams become different and segmented…
Syncro has recognized the necessity of having multiple inboxes checked and handled differently,
but has not recognized that these teams need their outbound communications to be sent differently so that responses can be sorted properly.

I don’t care if you say, “In order to use this functionality, you need to be sending through your own SMTP Server”, it’s ok if you can’t figure this out with current SendGrid limitations… but there is ZERO reason this can’t be done if I’m hosting and sending through my own SMTP servers, and it is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL for the operation of some of our businesses.

Please, get the developers to consider this request.

Thanks

8 Likes

Definitely adding an upvote to this feature request. We need one for the Sales/Marketing side, one for the Accounting side for invoicing, etc. and one for the Support side. If Syncro is going to try to be a bit of everything, we need this feature. It makes sense. Otherwise, it could definitely get confusing.

1 Like

Very well-put, and very well-argued. This needs to be overhauled big-time. I think before any CRM overhauls, we definitely need email overhauls. or at the very least, an outlook plugin that allows us to manually associate an email with a customer, contact, or gasp Project?! (which Syncro totally lacks a real project tracking solution)

2 Likes

I agree with this. Mailboxes should all have a send-from option, with SMTP settings for each mailbox. Can then send replies from the same email address as the mailbox it was sent to. We have a sales, billing, and support mailboxes in Syncro. When we reply to a billing or sales request/ticket, it currently sends from support. Can be embarrassing.

3 Likes

Pleeeeeeeeease, Microsoft sends me a naughty note every week because we are sending too many emails from the same address.

Plus, invoices should come from invoices@contoso.com, tickets from support@contoso.com for the most professional look, etc etc.

3 Likes

Hi,

This feature request is exactly what our company needs in order to use Syncro properly. As of now, we change the mailbox to billing@… and send out our invoices and then switch it right back. This is just a temp workaround. We can’t have automatic invoices created or automatic marketing because we need these separate mailboxes. our billing dept. only monitors billing@… and our support team only monitors support@…

We need this feature emergency. How is anybody else even using auto invoicing here without this feature? please let me know as I don’t see how it’s possible.

Thank you!

1 Like

It’s not ideal, but customer replies go to the invoice and there are notifications for them. We can reply to the customer from the invoice.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw that but like you said it’s not ideal at all, you can’t work with that.

We use this function, but it doesn’t meet the goal which is to present an “Invoices” or “Info” or whatever.

This is about looking professional and organizing email for our customers.

The biggest actual problem is some of our larger customers get our invoices mixed in with support chatter and forget to pay the bill!

2 Likes

Same here. I’m getting quite frustrated with everything getting lumped back at the tech team.

1 Like

100% agree. My clients get upset that a reply to an invoice creates a ticket. I do get cc’d, but the technicians have to clean that up, the client gets spammed, and our numbers are skewed.

1 Like

This may be a setting issue. We do not have tickets created from invoice emails.

1 Like

Yeah, this would be great to have this capability! :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, here’s my 2,000 lbs. of support for at least two! Would love :heartpulse: to have “support@myco.com” and “billing@myco.com” both available!

2 Likes

I really don’t understand why this hasn’t been added, it’s a critical part of running a business and it makes no sense to be sending invoicing emails from support@ email address. it’s so frustrating.

2 Likes

There’s a security issue with this too. Just today, I dealt with someone that called me after Intuit sent her emails saying her license key has been resold off and she had dealt with an unauthorize 3rd party support person. Sure enough in early 2021, she received a fake email saying due to technical reasons, the support phone numbers had to be changed. It came from a billing@notintuitdomain address, which was a red flag since this wasn’t a billing issue. If I receive an invoice from a vendor from a support address, I’m going to question it and I would have no way of really verifying if the pay online link is a scam or not.

2 Likes

I have been asking for this since I joined the Syncro Family.

3 Likes